Pages

Tuesday 6 June 2017

Being left alone

She could still recall her father's words the day he got married.

I'm sure she'll love you like your mother used to. And I'll be glad if you try.

She was never a big fan of Cinderella. It all seemed like fantasy. But she knew that somewhere deep inside, her heart wasn't read to welcome the lady who once walked down the aisle to her father. She waved the feelings aside, tried to strangle them with her unconditional love for the woman.

She called her 'mommy' the very next morning.

I'm not your mommy. Rather just call me Rachel. 

That was the second memory still clear in her mind. The way she said it, it seemed as if Rachel hated her.

Months flew by and she kept on trying only to be mocked at or to be passed on home chores to. Alicia was done with trying. And the very next day, she had to listen to something which let her insides writhe with anger.

I don't know what's wrong with you Alicia. I said something to you on the day of my wedding and I can't believe you couldn't do that one single thing I asked you for. I know it hurts, but you are a disappointment. I thought Rachel won't be nice to you but turns out you switched places with her now didn't you?


She listened to him quietly when she caught sight of the slightly open door and under that slice of light that poured through, Rachel listened with a malicious smile of satisfaction etched on her face.


That was the last memory she had. The last of her whole life. The anger had drowned, but the sadness remained. The feeling of helplessness which pushed her off the terrace and stayed until her vision blurred and she slowly bled to death. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Day I Drew my Heart..

"Umm...Emily? Can you see me in my office right after class?" Miss Peggy, as carefully as she had looked at the painting, added it...