Pages

Thursday 11 October 2018

The Day I Drew my Heart..

"Umm...Emily? Can you see me in my office right after class?" Miss Peggy, as carefully as she had looked at the painting, added it into her file.

"Sure." I smiled and walked away, my back feeling her piercing stare.

I read somewhere: a picture says a thousand words. But a painting? I was not so sure. Until today...
Let me describe what it was in what I drew that made her feel shocked. I'll jot it down for you so it's easy to understand.

But before I start, let me tell you that we were all asked to draw a heart. Only, I made mine.

1- I drew a bright red heart. The first step was pretty easy.

2- I drew small cracks in it. Loads of em until the heart looked like a continent broken down into hundreds of countries.

3- I drew a knife with a huge blade (the kind chefs use) pointing at it and labelled it as 'relationships which failed'.

4- Followed by an arrow representing all the people who used me.

I drew and I drew until it looked a little something like this.


But it wasn't this drawing which made her pity me. In fact, I know it was the sentence I wrote at the bottom that kept her in shock:
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

And in my case, all this really did strengthen me. The heart which appears to be scattered into millions of shards is way tougher than it ever used to be. And if someone asks why I made such a sad painting, I would tell them it's because unlike them, I see happiness in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Day I Drew my Heart..

"Umm...Emily? Can you see me in my office right after class?" Miss Peggy, as carefully as she had looked at the painting, added it...