Pages

Tuesday 9 October 2018

If only...

"If only I hadn't kept myself behind the veil of lies. If only I'd shown a clear picture of mine. If only all that I'm going through had been a dream.

It's no use. If only I'd thought of things before. If only I hadn't underestimated the frailty of the bonds made of lies, things would've have been the way they are now. I wouldn't have felt as alone as an island would in the ocean.

Everything happened in seconds. I lied. Then the truth revealed itself. And it all fell apart. I didn't regret it at first. But now I do. Partly because it didn't work out for us. And partly because...

oh if only, for once, I'd believed in the fairness of this world. Life is never fair to us. Because we are too weak to accept our mistakes. And so was I. But now I got to know...and that too the hard way.

I regret the mistakes as much as I wanted to kill you in the beginning. Your existence was my weakness. It's funny how I want your forgiveness as badly as I intended for lying. I don't know if you would've been too strong to forgive if you'd been with me. 
Oh if only I knew...

I want to be with you but bringing you back is beyond my abilities. And coming for you is something my mind doesn't perceive. 

Yes. I'm still sane. And incomplete. It all happened when I was driving home. And as soon as the contentedness seemed to overwhelm me, I blacked out. 

Any loved one would've fainted after hours of crying. But here I am, with nothing to give you after all that that has happened. 

Not even tears. 

I'm just too shocked too cry. I hope you understand. I know it's all my fault. I hope you forgive me. If only you could tell me that.

Your step sister, 
Cathy"

She silently placed the note on her sister's grave, prayed for God's forgiveness and rolled her wheelchair away with the one arm she had left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Day I Drew my Heart..

"Umm...Emily? Can you see me in my office right after class?" Miss Peggy, as carefully as she had looked at the painting, added it...